.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Korea!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I May Not Be A Man...
But at least I have blue eyes

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but
1)I've been busy thinking about my summer English camp and mentally preventing myself from physically throwing my body off my balcony, and
2) Since I'm coming home soon I have this thought that I don't really need to update people. But mostly it's 1.

Anyway, I'm not going to write a lot now because I have to go to bed, but I remembered something that happened today that I need to write about because it's funny. Yet not, when you really go into it.

So, I saw a bunch of people from my program this weekend. Most of them knew about the people who were going to replace them...where they were from, etc. So I was curious if my school knew anything about who would replace me. So today I asked a teacher, "Does the school know anything about the native English teacher who will replace me?"

She replied, "Yes, we know who it will be."

I then asked, "Where are they from?"

"I don't know. I only know that it's a man and he has blue eyes."

Well, at least you know the important stuff...

My principal must be happy because he wanted a boy in the first place but got me. I guess a lot of schools request to get blonde-haired, blue-eyed Americans. And many like men because...men are more important. Right. So if my replacement is blonde, they hit a home run. Unless he's Irish and no one can understand him or something. Haha, that'd be great. I hope he sucks so my school can garner more appreciation towards me. Even though I'll be gone. For good.

But I'm not bitter or anything...

2 Comments:

  • They must really like Andy. However, I don't remember if he has blue eyes or not. Anyway, I drastically prefer you to a blond-haired, blue-eyed man, and we all know that I'm way more important than Korea.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 8/17/2006 8:19 AM  

  • Adam, one of the two guys in my ed. program, is teaching in S. Korea next year. He happens to have blue eyes!! Welcome to the hell house.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8/17/2006 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home